The originators of this idea were Tigran and Vardan, who wanted to promote interest in Armenian traditional music and its legendary instrument - the duduk. They decided to do this by introducing it into "modernity", through new arrangements consisting of a dialogue between traditional and classical instruments.
This music tells and sings 'Armenia'
In turn, merry or melancholic, soft or involving, rhythmic or soothing, the music of Arax rocks you, tells and sings; it carries remote images and encourages with the voyages...
- First album “La Brise” released October 2004
- The music is traditional Armenian with an emphasis on Komitas, Sayat Nova & Kh. Avetissian
- Crosses over in World, Traditional, Fusion and Classical
- 2005 the album “La Brise’ selected as the ‘best world fusion album of the year’ at AMA (Los Angeles-USA)
- Recent addition of a percussionist and traditional dancers highlight their performance
- 2006 the “Erzeroumi shoror” was selected by FNAC Les Halles – Paris for the annual compilation CD
- 2007 Arax recorded 3 pieces for Belgian Radio-TV (RTBF) annual CD “ Le Monde est une Village”
- Available world wide for concerts and sessions
- Experienced in recording music for Advertising
- Perfect for Film Synchronization licensing
- New album "Crossing" released February 2009